Claircognizance is one of the most common abilities, with many disregarding this validation because they simply see it as "common sense" knowledge. It's a strong sense of inner knowing - whether it's feeling inclined to believe something specific, knowing exactly what advice or action to give to someone in need, or being able to think fast on your feet to find solutions. The truth in this is that - if your claircognizance is strong - you can notice when you get easily frustrated with others who can't jump to information like you do, or those that send you further contradicting energy by trying to deny you of the information you presented. As long as you speak up about your thoughts, you often find yourself in situations where you hear "you were right" or "I should've listened to you" a lot.
- You can have a sudden thought that something bad is happening to someone you know; even though they're not physically near you - confirmed when you later receive the news.
- You could be carried away at work or in a creative project, when suddenly you have a thought about what your next job or project should be - complete with the details of how to do it so it will reach & effect more people.
- You could be having a fun, light-hearted conversation with someone when they say something that causes alarm within you - you feel inclined to believe it's either a lie or that there's more to the story than what's being said.
- You could scroll through your friend's social media posts, but notice there are unspoken intentions & emotions, and/or ulterior motives behind what they're actually sharing.
For the most part, clairaudients receive cues through the external audio they pick up on. But when that isn't the case, they're hearing (in their head) voices with messages they're either channeling or needing to hear. Here are a few examples:
- You can hear an animal as if it's calling to you, and focus through turning your attention to it to clear your thoughts (bring about clearer messages) and calm yourself. Sometimes our spirit animals do this when we need to ground or pay more attention to them.
- You can turn on the radio or hit shuffle on a playlist - and immediately be listening to lyrics that either answer your current question or provide direction on a concern.
- You can listen to white noise and pick up further insight through any distortions you hear. People that tend to do this use white noise (devices) to have spirits communicate back to them.
- You can meditate, using any intention, and notice an angelic voice in your head - giving messages and positive reinforcement you didn't incite.
- When watching the news, you can hear or read a headline that incites a look (in your head) at the actual situation - while it doesn't always show it, it can include seeing a sped-up timeline of how it all played out.
- When speaking to someone who approaches you with the intention of giving sad news; once they say "something bad happened..", a movie reel of the event flashes in your mind before they tell you.
- Similarly, when someone begins to tell you that something happened to them in the past, you receive flashes of such event(s) - regardless of the details they share; you see it as it really happened.
- You have a vivid dream about your current day - involving people & places you know and likely frequent - but you're instead "looking in" on a situation or conversation that becomes concerning to you. In a matter of days/weeks/months, you're hit with deja vu as it actually happens -- this is a premonition.
Clairsentience is usually first identified as being an Empath - it's one's ability to feel the lifeforce energy within and around us all! They are identified as natural healers because this feeling ability allows them to become more confident Healers as they learn to work with energy. It's common for them to have suffered from trauma, which seemed to heighten their sensitivities... along with that; were often told when they were young that "you are too sensitive". Clairsentients can feel up the moods in a room by simply walking into it, they have internal alarm bells that go off when near negative energy, and they can suffer silent mental anguish when negative factors have a hold on their minds. As one learns to empower themselves, they start to see their highly sensitive nature as more of a gift and less of a burden.
There tends to be some confusion around identifying yourself as an Empath because other abilities easily weave themselves into what you perceive & experience. This fact is what allows most to be able to fully feel & experience others' thoughts & moods, which in turn can allow us to mirror that if we're not protected. They feel uplifted when near those alike, and they can go the complete opposite direction within minutes if encountering another darker energy. Many clairsentients deal with physical & mental health issues that are often times naturally relieved when they remove themselves from situations that make them feel trapped. The following are a few examples of issues I dealt with before I went down my healing path:
- When faced with someone that was completely carefree about how their actions negatively affect others, you can become a bit more defensive or aggressive towards them, and develop negative feelings towards people with the same tendencies.
- When faced with someone you care about that's going through a rough time, you feel it's your responsibility to help them - whether they ask for it or not. You also take their results personally, regardless of what you did (or didn't) do.
- When living amongst others, you can feel "waves" of emotions as it plays out and moves throughout the household - sometimes, you don't feel in control of your mind and body as a result.
- You connect deeply and completely relax with Mother Earth - whether it's through being with animals, taking some quiet time (or meditating) outdoors, or simply longing to travel and/or live in a more natural and less populated setting. The latter fact is noteworthy because you can tell you feel less bogged down by others' energies when away from them.